As I have a few more hours “free time” during the day, I’ve been planning sewing and craft projects. I’ve had a couple of busy weeks sewing items for my Etsy shop, and I still feel like there isn’t enough hours in the day. So many plans…. never enough time to get them finished!
So my plans for the next 2 weeks are:
– create a couple of interesting purses using this fabulous South African Shwe Shwe fabric to sell on Etsy – MadeByNomes.Etsy.com
Red Shwe-Shwe fabric
– Design and plan the construction of my first ever patchwork quilt using this beautiful Liberty fabric, which I bought in London before I moved to Prague. It looks as though I will have enough fabric for a single bed cover … so hopefully it wont take me months to complete!
liberty print bundle for patchwork quilt
– Buy some modge podge (or is it mod podge? somewhere in Prague …Any ideas??!) and cover these boards with some interesting tribal or geometric fabric. Yellow doesn’t really work in my apartment
Wooden boards to be covered in fabric
– Create a wrap around skirt pattern (or something similar) for a reversible skirt. I have doubled sided Shwe-Shwe fabric that I think would look great if both sides could be seen and worn.
green, blue black double sided shweshwe
– Sew a cushion cover using this Shwe-shwe Madiba fabric. I’d like to find a complementary fabric to use on the back, and have Madiba’s face just on the front.
Madiba shwe-shwe fabric from SA
And here is something I finished today –
Appliquéd hippo on a cushion cover. It’s so cute. I think I’ll give this cushion cover away as a birthday gift next month
I’ve also started taking pictures of fabric and products I like and putting them on Instrgram.
Made By Nomes